June 9–11 2016, Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic
Abstract submission deadline: 10 January 2016
Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2016
Early registration deadline (50 EUR): 1 May 2016
Standard registration deadline (60 EUR): 1 June 2016
Conference: 9 – 11 June 2016
Papers and posters
We welcome proposals for oral presentations and posters in the form of abstracts related to the general topic and/or a workshop topic. Abstract submission guidelines are given below. Poster sessions will be an integral part of the conference program. The language of the conference is English. All abstract submissions will be anonymously reviewed by an international committee of linguists.
Thu. 9th June: Quantitative Methods within Linguistcs
by Dan Faltýnek (Palacký University Olomouc, Czech Republic).
Sat. 11 June: Categorial features of Nouns and their projections
by Elizabeth Ritter (University in Beer Sheva, Izrael, and University of Calgary, Canada).
Details to be announced.
For authors of accepted oral presentations (or two co-authors), we can reserve economical accommodation for up to four nights in shared rooms (shared WC and shower facilities) in a university dormitory (within walking distance of the conference venue). More information to be made available below.
Abstracts of oral presentations and posters need to comply with the following guidelines:
1. Anonymity. Abstracts must be anonymous. References to one’s own work should be made in the third person. (Please make sure that you do not include your name in the document properties.)
2. Length. The text of the abstract should be maximally one page long. Data in the abstract should be presented schematically so as to fit within this single page. Bibliography and any tables or figures may be submitted on a second page.
3. Format. The abstract, with the title included, should be written in Times New Roman 12 point font, with 2.5 cm margins on all sides. Please limit the formatting to a minimum. We recommend using one of the two prepared tempates:
Olinco 2016 Abstract Template.doc (MS Word)
Olinco 2016 Abstract Template.odt (Open Office)
4. Acceptable file format. The abstract should be submitted as a PDF file. Please make sure that all fonts are embedded in the file. (A free PDF generator is available here.) If your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to supply an editable Word or Open Office file for inclusion in a book of abstracts.
5. Submission. Please submit your abstract only through the EasyChair system: follow this link. You will be asked to create an account first (if you do not already have one). Please fill out the information required and enter your abstract in the “Abstract” field. In addition, please make sure you also submit the abstract as a PDF file in the “Paper” field at the end of the submission form, even if your abstract contains no figures, special characters and so on. Deadline: January 10, 2016.
Board of reviewers
Information for presenters
The Czech koruna (CZK or Kč) is the official currency in the Czech Republic. The approximate exchange rate (as of 26 March 2014) is 27.4 CZK to a Euro and 19.8 CZK to a US Dollar. Exchange rates for all major currencies are available here.
Czech sockets are standard European sockets CEE 7/5, with a voltage of 230 V/50Hz. All visitors coming from countries using appliances/plugs that do not work with such sockets/voltages (e.g. USA, UK) are advised to bring adapters.
Czech mobile phone operators use both of the two standard European GSM bands, 1800 and 900 MHz. All European mobile phones will work without problems but visitors from the US may need a tri-band phone.
The country calling code for the Czech Republic is +420.
Czech Republic has a temperate continental climate, with temperatures averaging 17°C during the day in early June. Worst comes to worst, a raincoat or an umbrella may be of some use. Current forecast is available here.
Previous Olinco conferences: